Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hash

Don't be alarmed by the name. This is a literal throw-together meal. Believe me when I say, though, that it is a KEEPER!!!!

My husband and I have been married for 5 years, and he was BEYOND shocked that I had never made this for him before last night. :) I made it ALL THE TIME in college, it was cheap, easy and quick. I just had no idea something so simple could be so desirable!

I had lovingly made one of his favorite meals, but with morning sickness, I couldn't even think of eating it. So I pulled out some hashbrowns, ham, and scrambled some eggs together all in one pan. When I was finished with my dinner all he and my kids wanted was what I had made. Luckily I had made enough, but they all wanted seconds when they were done with their plates. Out came the ingredients and into the skillet they went again. Again it was GONE!! This NEVER happens, so clearly it is a regular on our dinner menu now, or any other meal for that matter.

Hope you enjoy the ease and simplicity of this dish along with the flavor it creates. It will take you back to easier days.

Hash:
1/2 c. hash browns, or diced potatoes
4 slices deli ham, torn into bite-size pieces
2-3 eggs, whisked with a dash of milk
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. onion powder
Put the potatoes into a medium skillet over medium heat, and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally. Add in the ham, and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add in egg mixture, salt and pepper and onion powder and cook until the eggs are no longer runny. Enjoy with a little cheese on top, salsa, in a tortilla, or not. The possibilities are endless with this hash!

No comments:

Post a Comment