Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sausage Queso Dip

With football season in full-swing, I thought I would share an EASY, delicious party food. We love this queso dip! It's nummy, as my 2-year-old says, and it good for all ages. If you've ever eaten at Chili's this is kind of like their queso, without the fat, cost, and WITH more flavor.

This recipe could not be easier. It is literally one both my kids help me put together, and stir while everything is melting together. Hooray for food our kids can help us make!

Seriously, though, you'll not regret taking this side to your next tailgating party, or whatever other gathering you have coming up.

Sausage Queso Dip:
1 lb. Sausage, cooked
16 oz. Velveeta cheese, cut in cubes
16 oz. salsa, this homemade version, or your favorite store brand
Crumble and cook sausage over medium heat in large saucepan until browned. Drain on a paper towel then return sausage to saucepan. Add Velveeta to sausage. Cook, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted. Stir in salsa. Serve with warm tortilla chips or toasted baguette bread, over a baked potato, or whatever else you'd like! Enjoy!  

*I do halve this recipe, most of the time, unless we have A LOT OF PEOPLE OVER! I still cook all the sausage at once, then remove half and freeze it for another time, or recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment