Thursday, June 4, 2015

Banana Pudding Pie

This post is so LONG OVERDUE, but I'm so glad to be back and blogging about one of my favorite things, COOKING!!! I've been cooking up a storm since my last post, but haven't taken the time to put it up.

Look no further for the easiest and most delicious Banana Pie I have ever tasted. It's so much more cost-effective to make your own, then buying one from a bakery. On top of that, you know exactly what is in it, AND your kids can learn how to cook with a recipe as simple as this.

Let me just say, I was glad I took a picture of this pie as soon as I finished it, there were no pictures once it was sliced. :) Rave reviews and many recipes have been given about this guy, and the best part, NO OVEN or even microwave NEEDED!!! This time of year, the last thing you want to do is turn your oven on, when the temperature outside keeps climbing!

Trust me, this is one to serve for your next family gathering, it WILL NOT disappoint!

Banana Pudding Pie:
1 store bought, pre-made graham cracker crust
4 bananas
1-3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding
1 3/4 c. half and half
1-8 oz. container Cool Whip
1/2 c. sour cream
pinch of salt
1 sleeve graham crackers
In a large bowl combine the pudding & the half and half. Beat together with a hand-held mixer until thick and smooth. Add 1 cup of the Cool Whip, salt and sour cream and beat together until combined. Set aside.
Slice the bananas into bite-size slices.
Remove all the packaging from your store-bought pie crust. Lay a thin layer of the bananas all around the crust. Cover the bananas with half the pudding mixture. Layer the graham crackers in a single layer over the pudding. Add another layer of bananas, and then cover with the rest of the pudding mixture. Top with the remaining Cool Whip, and a few extra banana slices for presentation-sake. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment