Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sausage and Red Pepper Pasta

My family loves Italian food. It could have something to do with my having lived there for a couple months in college, but you can't ever go wrong when pasta is involved, especially with the cooler weather knocking on our doors.

My father-in-law loves the sausage and red pepper pasta at Olive Garden, and I didn't think it would be hard AT ALL to recreate. All you need are a few simple ingredients, and you can recreate this dish for a fraction of the cost!

I think this would be better had I made it with penne, but I didn't have any in my pantry, sometimes you just go with what you've got. :) Enjoy having a simple, yet delicious dinner that will please even the pickiest eater.

Sausage and Red Pepper Pasta:
1 lb. penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
1-28 oz. jar of pasta sauce, I love the Kirkland brand
1/2 large onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1/2 pkg. kielbasa sausage, cut into bite-size slices
Cook pasta, according to package directions, in a pot of boiling water. Meanwhile, heat a little olive oil in the bottom of a large skillet. Add in sliced onion and sliced pepper and saute for 3-4 minutes until just starting to change color. Add in sausage and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 5- 10 minutes or until the sausage is heated through. Add in the sauce and continue to heat through. Drain the pasta when it has cooked to al dente, and combine all the ingredients together either in the skillet or the pot, whichever will fit all the ingredients. Serve while still hot, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment