Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easy Breadsticks

The other day we were making dinner and I realized we only had sauce and noodles, whoops!!!

Enter this insanely easy breadstick recipe, along with some fruit and salad, but we'll stick to the bread! In the time it took my husband to call, drive home, and get his work stuff put away (45 minutes) these were ready with the rest of dinner. That is my kind of bread! These were really good, especially since I didn't give them time to rise. If I were to make them again, I would give them time in between to rise, but the fact that you don't have to to have delicious homemade bread with dinner is a win in my book.

Enjoy the easiness of the bread, and the less stress that comes with this breadstick!

Breadsticks:
1 T. yeast
1 1/2 c. warm water
2 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. butter
garlic salt
In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water and sugar. Add flour and salt. Mix and knead bread for 3 minutes. Cover and let rise for 10 minutes. Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness. Melt the butter in the microwave for a few seconds, until just melted, and brush over dough. Cut dough into strips and put on a greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle the dough with A LITTLE garlic salt. Let rise for another 15 minutes (this is the rising step I skipped, but the texture would be even better if you have a few extra minutes.) While the dough is rising again, preheat oven to 350 degrees, and then bake for 20 minutes. Can sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese once they come out as well. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment