Thursday, May 23, 2013

Honey Sesame Chicken

No, I am not a photographer, but I figure having a picture to look at what your food will look like when it is done is a plus.

Now, with that behind us, let's get cooking!

We are all crazy busy, going every which way possible, but we all want to have a delicious dinner when we sit around our tables at night. I love nothing more than nights where I don't have to rush to get all of dinner ready once the clock hits a certain time, so that dinner will be ready before my kids throw their pre-dinner-I'm-so-hungry fits.

I was looking up some quick and easy slow cooker recipes and came across this gem from The Six Sister's Stuff Blog. It was SO easy to just throw everything together! My husband and kids LOVED this chicken, and what's easier than cooking up some rice to put the chicken on? I did steam some snow peas to add to the dish, but we devoured those before I could get them on this plate to take a picture!!

Honey Sesame Chicken:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. onion, diced
2 T. ketchup
1 T. vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 3 T. water
sesame seeds, to garnish

Season both sides of chicken lightly with salt and pepper, put into crock pot. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened. Cut chicken into bite size pieces, or shred, then return to pot and toss with sauce before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.

Easy, right?! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment