Thursday, May 30, 2013

French Bread Pizza

Let's face it, by the end of the week who really wants to cook! The problem: going out is not always an option, neither is just ordering pizza, especially since the price on pizza keeps going up. :( Lucky for all of us, the solution could not be easier.

I don't remember where I first saw this, but was so excited to make it!! Much to my delight, my WHOLE family likes it, including my pizza-connoisseur husband. (HAHAHA)

This dinner could not be easier, nor could it be more family friendly! We usually just do pepperoni pizza, but please feel free to do whatever toppings make you happy. I also usually make my own sauce, REALLY could not be easier, or taste yummier! When I'm in a time-crunch, though, it's amazing how yummy store bought pizza sauce can taste.

Try it, I promise you won't regret it!

Homemade Pizza Sauce: adapted from allrecipes.com
1-8 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. Italian seasoning

In a medium bowl, mix the above ingredients together. Spread over pizza crust, or even just use as a dipping sauce for breadsticks. (Told you it doesn't get any easier).

French Bread Pizza:
1 loaf of French bread
1 recipe of Homemade Pizza Sauce, or 3/4 c. from a bottle of store bought pizza sauce
1 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
any other toppings desired (pepperoni, sausage, peppers, onions, mushrooms, bacon....)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice the French bread in half lengthwise. Place both halves on a long enough baking sheet to fit both halves. Spread the halves with the sauce. Top with shredded cheese, and the desired toppings. Bake for 5-8 minutes, just until the cheese is melted. Cut into desired sizes, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment