Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Tacos

Sorry about the long absence! We went on vacation this past weekend, and both my son and I got a nasty cold while there. We are both on the mend now, and I am trying to get back in the groove of everyday life, after vacation. :)

Yes, I know the name for this dish sounds questionable. It took me a few weeks for me to get brave enough to try them for my family. SINCE THEN we have made them at least every couple weeks, they are SO GOOD!!! We love wings at our house, but rarely have the patience to wrestle kids at a restaurant when our hands are covered in sauce. Enter these AMAZING tacos. They are ridiculously easy, and it is even easier to make them kid friendly! My kids don't like buffalo sauce yet, it's a bit too spicy for them, but we just leave some chicken without the sauce and make their taco. EASY!!!

Even better than that, you don't have to heat up the whole kitchen to make this meal. Just use the microwave to heat up the chicken and sauce, warm the tortillas, and voila, dinner is served.

I don't remember exactly where I found this recipe originally, but when I find the blog, I'll definitely give them the credit!!

Buffalo Chicken Tacos:

2 chicken breasts, cut up or shredded (I cheat and use Costco's rotisserie chicken)
2 stalks celery, diced
Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
flour tortillas, we LOVE the Tortilla Land-cook yourself variety, found at Costco
shredded cheese, if desired
Ranch for drizzling, if desired
Cook chicken breasts and either cut into small bite-sized pieces or shred the chicken. Add Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce and set aside. Dice the celery into bite-sized pieces. Prepare flour tortillas, if needed. Put chicken mixture in the microwave for 1 minute to heat up. Serve on tortillas.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of cheese do you use? Bleu cheese? Cheddar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used colby jack, because it was all I had. Bleu cheese would be awesome with this, though!

    ReplyDelete