Thursday, June 6, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

So what cookie gets made the most in my home? You're looking at it. We LOVE this cookie; my husband requests it ALL THE TIME. I love it because I at least feel a little better about giving my kids a treat, there is oatmeal in it, right? :)

I originally made these cookies with my Grandma when I was very young. My mom's mom was an AMAZING cook. Whenever she made something, you knew it was going to be good!! I am lucky enough to have gotten her recipe through my mom, and I could not be more grateful. I come from a LONG LINE of great cooks, no pressure!

I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we do, cookies don't get much better than these!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

1 c. shortening                           1 tsp. Baking soda
¾ c. sugar                                 1 ½ c. flour
¾ c. brown sugar                       1 tsp. Salt
2 eggs                                       2 c. oatmeal
1 tsp. Vanilla                             1 c. chocolate chips
1 tsp. Hot water
Cream together shortening and sugars. Add in eggs, vanilla, water and soda. Then mix in remaining ingredients. Place on greased cookie sheet by rounded teaspoonful. Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment