Thursday, June 27, 2013

Chili Cheese Enchiladas

I have to admit, when I first came across this idea, it did not sound appetizing. I told my husband about it, and he immediately said that would be something to try, not exactly the reaction I was going for. HMMMM...Yeah, the things we do! I LOVE to make dinners that don't stress me out all day, but these ingredients just didn't sound like they should be combined!

Enter about a week later, I didn't want to cook and needed to go to the store. We always have tortillas in our fridge, yes the Costco ones that you cook yourself, and we just happened to have a can of chili in the pantry. So my husband suggested we finally try these. Now, a couple months later, I have finally gotten a picture of them. We have made them 3 or 4 times, which for our family translates as a hit!

These are BEYOND simple! I timed myself when I made them this last time, and it literally took less than 30 minutes from heat up the skillet to cook the tortillas to pulling out of the oven-ready to eat! Not much is better than quick and easy when all you want is to be outside enjoying the summer weather.

Chili Cheese Enchiladas:
1-15 oz. can Hormel chili, with beans
1/4 c. water
1 1/2 c. shredded cheese, divided
6 flour tortillas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray. Heat chili in a medium sauce pan with the water until it is warmed through. Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese to the chili. Divide chili mixture evenly between the 6 tortillas, reserving about 1/4 c. of the chili mixture to smooth over the top of the enchiladas. Top the enchiladas with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment