Monday, June 10, 2013

Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake

What a scorcher it is in my neck of the woods today!! This is definitely not a treat to make in the heat of the day, who wants their oven heating up the house even more, BUT it is an amazing dessert to take to a BBQ or potluck.

I first saw this recipe on The Sister's Cafe, yes it is one of my very favorite recipe sites! I love how most of the recipes on there are simple and you can make them quickly!

I must admit, I am not a HUGE fan of chocolate. Yes, I like it, once in a while. BUT I am not the type that has to have it all the time. For me, though, I LOVE this cake. I love the mint in it! I realize it is a little rich, but it is one of those recipes that is almost too good to eat. ALMOST!!

Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake:

1 Devil's Food cake mix                             CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
1 small box chocolate fudge pudding mix    ½ c. semisweet chocolate chips
4 eggs                                                        2 T. butter
1 c. milk                                                     2 T. corn syrup
¾ c. canola oil                                            1-2 tsp. Hot water
2 tsp. Peppermint extract
1-12 oz. Bag semisweet chocolate chips
Mix together all cake ingredients, except chocolate chips until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into greased bundt cake pan and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Use a long, thin knife to check for doneness. Try not to overbake or it won't be as moist.
Glaze: Heat chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate chips are melted; cool slightly. Stir in hot water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until consistency of thick syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment